Seeking Attorney for Imperial County
STAFF ATTORNEY-IMPERIAL COUNTY
ELDER LAW & ADVOCACY
Elder Law & Advocacy (EL&A) was incorporated in California in 1978 as an IRS 501(c) (3) tax exempt nonprofit legal services provider. The organization was created and designed over thirty five (35) years ago specifically to meet the needs of both rural and urban seniors and their family caregivers by providing expert legal and Medicare counseling to those who are in greatest need of services. During its distinguished career, EL&A has grown to serve over eight thousand (8,000) clients per year.
EL&A seeks a staff attorney for its Imperial County programs @ 32 hours per week (full benefits).
Provide legal services to older individuals, their family caregivers and proposed conservators and guardians. Conduct community education presentations on various legal topics.
Manage and operate the legal services programs for EL&A’s Imperial County programs, including supervision of one employee.
Establish and maintain relationships with outside entities such as those in the local aging service network.
Some travel within Imperial County to serve clients and also to San Diego County for monthly staff meetings.
Assist with tracking of contract requirements and funding reports.
- California license to practice law
- 1-3 years’ experience working in a similar position or other relevant experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter with proven organizational and time-management skills
- Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Effective speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work as a team member
- Passion for helping underserved populations
- Spanish language skills preferred
To Apply: Send a cover letter, resume, one writing sample and 3 professional references to email@example.com. Applications will be considered and interviews scheduled on an ongoing basis. Target start date is April 16, 2015. EL&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.