National Senior Citizens Law Center Webinar: The Demise of the Defense Of Marriage Act
The National Senior Citizens Law Center (NSCLC) presents a free webinar on issues confronting same sex couples in light of the Supreme Court’s decision overturning the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA). The presenters will answer the following questions and more during this one-hour long presentation.
- Who is eligible for Social Security spousal and survivor benefits?
- Is it OK if I’m in a registered domestic partnership or civil union?
- Where do I have to live to be eligible?
- When should I apply for spousal or survivor benefits?
- How does Windsor affect the Medicare Part B premium and Part D low-income subsidy?
- What is the impact on Medicaid & SSI financial eligibility?
- What is the impact on Medicaid spousal impoverishment and estate recovery?
Gerald McIntyre, NSCLC Directing Attorney
Georgia Burke, NSCLC Directing Attorney
DATE: August 20, 2013