Pages Menu


How do I make an appointment?
Please call any of the numbers listed below to speak to one of our intake staff.
Central County           (858) 565-1392
North County              (760) 439-2535
Imperial County          (760) 353-0223
South County              (619) 425-2460
East County                (619) 447-7921

Where will I be interviewed?
When you call our office to schedule an appointment, you will be scheduled at a location convenient to you.

Who will I meet with?
If you are calling about a legal issue, you will meet with an attorney. If you are calling about a Medicare issue, you will meet with a trained volunteer counselor.

How long does it take to get an appointment?
We see thousands of seniors each year so when it gets busy, wait times will vary. Normally it takes a few weeks to see an attorney.

How often may I see an attorney?
Because we serve thousands of seniors each year, we limit our services to one legal appointment per fiscal year. Our fiscal year runs from July 1 to June 30. We also limit our legal services to one legal issue per fiscal year.

What will the attorney do for me?
Our basic legal service consists of a 30-minute counsel and advice session with an attorney licensed in California.  Some programs such as our Nursing Home Rights Enforcement Project may involve much more time with the attorney.

How much does it cost?
Most services are free. Donations are welcome and will be greatly appreciated but they are not required to receive our services.

How do you operate if your services are free?
We apply for, and receive, contracts and grants that enable us to continue operations. A portion of our income comes from private donations from people who appreciate the vital services we provide to seniors in our community. If you wish to make a donation to our organization, please click here.   

What services are not free?
Elder Law & Advocacy does not charge for any of our services. Our Nursing Home Rights Enforcement Project does not charge our clients directly, but may partner with private practice attorneys for litigation.  Some of these litigation cases are taken by the partnered private practice attorneys on a contingency fee basis.

How can I best support Elder Law & Advocacy?
One way you can support this organization is with a donation of any size. If you wish to help in this way, please click here.

If you are an attorney or a law student, you may want to consider doing an internship with us. If so, please click here.

You may also want to consider volunteering as a HICAP counsellor. If so, please click here.

If you wish to involve yourself or your organization with us in a different way, please contact us at (858) 565 1392. We are  always ready to consider partnerships that will enhance our effectiveness in the community.